Register for a FREE Ticket
Our Queer Women of Color Film Festival is always absolutely FREE of charge.
When you register for a FREE ticket, you will receive two emails from QWOCMAP. Please SAVE these emails. You will need this information in order to watch the Film Festival.
Thank you for registering! Your confirmation email includes details about the Film Festival, including accessibility information.
Your Order From QWOCMAP 2021 Film Festival. This email has your links and unique, one-time access codes to watch the screenings.
QWOCMAP emails may end up in SPAM folders, so be sure to check for emails from us. If you do not receive these emails, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Check to make sure you received your LINKS & ACCESS CODES Email from email@example.com, titled Your Order for QWOCMAP 2021 Film Festival.
2. Test your viewing setup ahead of time. For example, make sure that your system can play a YouTube video.
For the best viewing experience, we recommend watching the Film Festival on a computer, although you can also use newer tablets or smartphones. Please make sure your browser and viewing devices are compatible with the Film Festival platform.
To watch with your TV, follow these instructions to connect your computer via cables, Chromecast, or Apple AirPlay.
For the best viewing experience, we recommend having a stable internet connection. DSL and cell phone data network, and other slow connections may cause buffering issues when you’re watching the Film Festival.
30 Minutes Before Screening
1. Make sure your viewing device is plugged in, powered on, and connected to the internet. We recommend that you test your planned viewing setup in advance.
2. On your viewing device, open your LINKS & ACCESS CODE Email from firstname.lastname@example.org, titled Your Order for QWOCMAP 2021 Film Festival.
3. Click Join Event for the screening you want to watch. The livestream will open in a new browser tab on your device.
NOTE: Each screening has a different link and access code. Please make sure you click on the correct link for that screening!
4. As early as 6:30pm PT, enter your unique, one-time access code for that screening. You should be able to see and hear the pre-screening slideshow!
This code can only be used ONE time, on ONE device, in ONE browser.
Before using your code, please check the following:
• Use the device and browser that you would like to watch the entire screening on.
• If you plan to cast the screening to your TV, make sure your device is on the same WiFi network as your TV.
Sit back and enjoy the show! The livestream will begin automatically and play through until the Filmmaker Q&A ends.
• At 6:30pm PT, the pre-screening slideshow and music will begin.
• At 7pm PT, the screening will begin.
• The screening will immediately be followed by a live, interactive Filmmaker Q&A.
Content Warnings are listed for each film. Anyone who experiences intense emotional reactions (triggering, distress, anxiety, panic) during the Film Festival can call SFWAR's free, confidential hotline for support, at 415-647-7273. Visit our Accessibility page for details and additional resources.
Live Chat: On your computer, tablet, or smartphone, scroll down to the live chat at the bottom of the screening page to meet other attendees. You can also type in questions for the filmmakers during the Filmmaker Q&A!
Full Screen: To watch the livestream in full screen, please click the diagonal arrows on the lower right of the video screen. NOTE: To access the live chat, please exit/escape full screen mode.
Audience Survey: After the screening, we’d love to hear your thoughts! Please fill out the audience survey and tell us about your experience. (Survey link coming soon.)
Feel free to take a pic of yourself watching the Film Festival and share it on social media! #QWOCFF2021
Frequently Asked Questions
The Film Festival will NOT be recorded. All screenings are LIVE at 7pm Pacific Time. You will not be able to pause or rewind the screening, nor access the screenings after they end.
The video screen says the screening has concluded. You may have clicked on the link for the wrong screening day. Each screening has a different link.
My access code isn’t working. There is a different access code for each screening, so please make sure that you use the correct access code. Remember, your unique access codes can only be used ONE time, in ONE browser, on ONE device.
I entered my access code but I can’t see anything. Please REFRESH your browser. If you are using Safari, Firefox, or Edge, please try turning on autoplay for this website in your browser. If you are casting to your TV, please stop casting, refresh your browser page, and re-cast.
I entered my access code but I can’t hear anything. Please TURN UP your volume and make sure your headphones or computer speakers are working! Turn on the livestream volume by hovering over the video screen and clicking on the speaker icon in the lower left corner.
My video keeps buffering/freezing/refreshing. There may be an issue with your internet connection. Please hover over the video screen, click on the settings icon in the lower right corner, and reduce the stream quality to 720p or 540p. You can also close other applications, web browsers, and web pages to see if that helps your video streaming speed. Please note that DSL and cell phone data networks, and other slow connections can cause buffering issues when you are watching the Film Festival.
I don’t know how to refresh my browser. Click on the curved arrow icon to refresh your browser. Depending on your browser, this icon will be on the left or right side of the URL box at the top of your browser.
I need to restart my browser/device.
That’s fine! Just go back to the same browser and use the same access code.
I need to switch browsers/devices.
If you need a new access code, please reach out to email@example.com.
I can’t find the live chat. Please scroll down to the bottom of the screening page to view the live chat. If you are watching the livestream in full screen mode, please exit/escape full screen in order to view the live chat. The live chat will be moderated, and anyone who engages in harassment or hate speech will be blocked, and their comments deleted.
With HDMI Cable
Plug one end of the HDMI cable into an HDMI port on the back of your TV, and the other end into the HDMI port on your computer. Then, switch your TV to the correct input.
If you have an external Google Chromecast or a TV with built-in Google Chromecast, open the livestream in Chrome and cast the video player using the cast button in the bottom right corner of the player.
With Apple AirPlay
If you have an external Apple TV or a TV with built-in Apple AirPlay, open the livestream in Safari and cast the video player using the AirPlay icon in the bottom right corner of the player.
With VGA & Audio Cables
To connect video:
1. Turn off your TV.
2. On your computer, plug the VGA cable into the matching port. Turn the two bolts on the cable plug clockwise to secure the cable to the port.
3. On your TV, plug the round end into the matching video input.
4. Turn on your TV. Push the video selector button on the remote control to connect with the computer through the VGA cable.
To connect audio:
1. You will need an audio cable with the standard 3.5mm audio jack on both ends.
2. Connect the audio cable from the headphone jack on your device to the audio input on your TV.
3. You may need to adjust the audio settings on your computer to control the sound.
Supported Operating Systems
• Windows 7+
• Intel-based Macs with OSX 10.12+
• iOS 12+
• Android 9+
• Chrome 77+
• Edge 84+
• Firefox 71+
• Safari 12.1+
• Chrome for android 78+
• Firefox for android 78+
• iOS safari 12+